CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 7, 2008

It was two days ago when honeydew and I went with another two of our ex-classmates to Taylor’s open day. Well, I asked about the course I was interested which was bio-med. It costs about 200K! Not including the tuition fees in Queensland. Sigh. I was really upset. There was no way my family could afford that. When arrived at the other college’s open day, we saw the FLY FM roadshow at the main entrance. We participated in some of the games and won magazines and 2 tickets for the premier of ‘The Day The Earth Stood Still’! Honeydew and I were so happy..then we entered the college. After consulting about everything..the prices for the cost had such BIG difference! Different by 100K?! impossible eh? I too asked about the pharmacy course. After that..we went for lunch then Ivan drove me home.

Once I got in I told my mum about everything. She took out her bank account book and told me that I could not study bio-med. My heart sank. It’s stupid if I asked why. I can’t do anything about that disappointment. I remained silent as I stacked all the catalogues that I scattered everywhere and then something caught my eye. The movie ticket. My mum saw the date and the time and clucked her tongue in censure. Once she saw the venue..i knew the answer right away. I left that room. I went to shower and when I came out..she was there on my bed..She advised me to take up the pharmacy courses instead. I didn’t wanna argue..so I agreed. She was delighted and told me that I should start in the month of May.

Today, I overheard my mum asking my dad about me studying bio-med. They sounded like they were quarrelling . Once I heard " I can’t afford". Immediately I left. I put on my best behaviour today. I did the laundry, made breakfast, volunteered to help with the gardening and many more.. Meanwhile, I was also hoping that tonight we all could go shopping. I haven’t buy the shoes for prom this coming Thursday. Sigh. I placed high hopes for that. After that I went for a shower. Then my dad asked where do I wanna have dinner. I told him that it is up to him but..i want to go shopping after that. He turned me down. I was very upset. I know its just a small matter but its not that y’know..it was my stupidity. I should have known never to place high hopes in anything at all. Sigh. Daddy said that he had work to do. I tried not to be whiny..then i i went back to my room. When i came down..he was SO BUSY watching TV..i was so pissed. I really don't understand why and what's the reason for him to let me down..But what could i do? After all he is my dad.

4 comments:

Kelsey said...

200k for bio-med. is that in total or for a year?
if i wanted to take law in UK. it costs me 150k for a year.

200k covering your foundation, and your courses is actually quite reasonable.

im not going to taylors btw. i'll be going to kdu cause it's the only college that offers twinning to tasmania, australia.

you could ask around other colleges and discuss with your dad. make him realize this is your future you're talking about. if you don't know what to elaborate about you can ask me. i'm sure after much persuasion your dad would give in la.

muaks. love you gal..

strawberry said...

thankx kel,i never thought you would still be reading my blog..i do feel we're drifting appart..hanz and your boo seems much more important to u nowadayz..but i get it..i can't go out and stuf sure n i knw it would make a difference..i sure still do miss you.

Kelsey said...

=) i still think about you lar.
the other day when kenn asked if i was free to go out with you, i really wanted to but i made plans with some other people earlier >.< really sorry.

lol i follow your blog one lor.. can hardly contact you, your blog's the only way i can find out whats going on in your life whad.

i blog bout hans and boo cause like.. me see and talk to them almost everyday. you coming back on the 25th right?

i go out with you after that. how's that sound? =)
heck i'll see you tomorrow at prom ;) so sexcited to see you hehe. muaks! love ya lots

strawberry said...

thankx..glad that you still think of me..
Yeah..that'll be great..so..you mind if my mum still tags along..as you know..i'm still 'small'..lolx..you could sms me u know..tho its kinda costly..see u around..ciaoz.